|| Workgroup meeting no. 4
- Bent Ole Ruud (CIPR)
- Øyvind Natvik (IFG)
- Terje Utheim (IFG)
- Jens Havskov (IFG)
- Ole Meyer (IFG)
| Minutes taken by
| Meeting started
||21 Sep 2006, kl. 13:00
1. Comments from Seismology group re. Sun/Solaris
- The combination of Sun hardware and Solaris operation system has proven itself to be a very reliable and stabile platform.
- Would prefer to keep UNIX workstations that are used by Seismology employees. But according to Ø.N. they have to be replaced by Linux work stations.
- Agrees that Linux is gaining strength and will gradually become more common in field of seismology. However, seismology group wishes to keep present Sun/Solaris server in a two-year transition period.
2. New hardware
- There are today six Sun/Solaris servers. Most of them can be replaced by a single new machine, which may be based on Intel CPUs running under Linux operation system.